Wednesday, May 6, 2009

ENGLISH-111-Mr. Gasparo- Get READY, you are in for a ride.

The first day of my English 111 class, I thought it would be just like any other class on your first day. You walk in, see new faces maybe familiar ones. Go over the syllabus and leave after a hour or so. I was in for a big wake up call. Not only did we stay for the whole class, I realized that this class would not be an easy task. After just looking at the course calender I thought to myself I can't do this. This is just took much, I have three other classes and on top of this I have papers after papers that would be due. When Mr.  Gasparo starting telling us what to expect from the class, he was letting every one know that this would not be an easy task.  After the first night I was skeptical of returning. Then I thought to myself, first I chose to take an eight week course and on top of that, this would be a good challenge for me. Out of all the classes I had, no where did I have this much amount of work. 




Returning to the next class, a lot of new faces that you saw the first day had disappeared. That made me nervous, but I kept reminding my self I could do it.  After a few days of the class, the hate that I thought I would have, had went away. First off the teaching Mr. Gasparo gives is different from any other teaching I have had. He teaches in the way that not matter what you will be doing the work. Which is is good. You have to work for a good grade. If you don't like to talk, if you like teaching that is strictly base on a teacher in front of the class talking through the entire class well this is not for you. Everyday of class you will be required to have some type of involvement in Mr. Gasparo class. Which I think is great. I didn't like talk, I was always the person who liked a teacher just talking and me writing notes. I found out that that is far from good teaching.

 Going through the weeks off class, It had been over welming with all the work that I was being given, but I got through it. With Mr. Gasparo being the great teacher he is, he helps you along the way with every thing. He gave us many options of contacting him from, email to skype there was no way he wasn't available to help. He also required us to get to know our class mates and encouraged us to get numbers so if anything would happen we would know what he missed etc. 



With all that being said, even though we had tons of work, I can really say that Mr. Gasparo class was the best class I have ever had. It allowed me to grow as a writer, and grow as a student as well. I remember not being to fond of going in front of a class, even though Im still not, I am better with it. If your up to a good challenge then Mr. Gasparo is the class for you. 


1 comment: