Wednesday, May 6, 2009

FINAL REVISED - DIAGNOSTIC ESSAY

A TRIP TO REMEMBER - CALIFORNIA LOVE

One of the best times in my life was my trip to California. I have been to a lot of places but nothing tops this. Can you just imagine? I mean you always here this and that about California but experience it first hand is a lot more exciting. When I found out I was going to California, I was filled with excitement. 



On the 11th of October, my family and I barked on our trip to California. We had so much luggage we didn't know what to expect so we took as much as we could. We wanted to be prepared. Down to the airport we went, I remember just smiling the whole way there. Once arriving to the airport it hit me, this would be the first time on a plan and on top of that I would be in the air for five hours. Once the reality sunk in, then the excitement went away and the butterflies  came. 

Entering the airport, we got our plan tickets and headed through security, not being familiar with flying we had packed a lot of over size liquid bottles that had to be thrown away. Talk about embarrassing! We finally got on the plan, put our luggage up and sat down. It seem all of sudden the nervousness went away and I was fine, plus I also was sleepy. 




Five hours later we reach LAX international airport. Stepping off the plane I just knew we were some where else yeah the obvious reason the surroundings and the people are different, but California also smells different, I can't exactly describe it but you just know that you are nowhere near virginia. We got our luggage found a taxi and headed off to the hotel. I always thought New York had the worst drivers, I was wrong. California, tops them. They drive much faster and a lot wreck less. While in the car, I remember looking at the billboards and stores as we passed along, just thinking in my head I am actually in LA. 

We finally reached the hotel which by the way was in Hollywood on the Avenue of the Stars. It was so nice, the hotel looked all over the hollywood hills. We walked into the hotel and headed to our rooms, the first night we didn't do much. We were to tired, so we walked around the hotel and looked around. Then headed to bed. 

Next morning we went out around hollywood. First stop was the mall which right around the corner. The shops were so amazing, they had the most fine clothing I had ever seen. We visited a few shops and bought a couple items. After walking around a few times we realized that we were right down the street from Beverly Hills. After getting something to eat, my family and I caught the trolley to Rodeo drive. Talk about something to see. I felt like I was in another world. We ran from shop to shop, taking photos of every little thing. It was so funny, because we were acting like little kids in a  toy store. every car that went pass was either a BMW or ROLL ROYCE. It was just amazing. 



After a long day of site seeing, we headed back to our room. We thought about going to Hollywood BLVD, but we wanted to save that for out last day. The next morning we woke up, and went back on the streets off California. We caught the trolly down to Hollywood BLVD, and the madness begin. I think we forget that its also a tourist attraction. People were everywhere. From the kodak to the Chinese theatre. We were so amazed. 

After thinking nothing else could get better, we found out that a premiere of Max Payne would be airing. After watching the stars roll up in the extravagant cars, three teenagers we walking around trying to sell tickets to the place. At first we thought it was fake, but long and behold it wasn't. We got in, watch the movie. Which was so awesome. After the movie went off, we had the chance to take a few pictures with some of the celebrities. After a long exciting day, and night. We headed back to the hotel. 

The next morning, even though we were disappointed about leaving, we still were excited about the experiences we had. On the plan ride back, I reminisced on the days of Cali fun I had. 

No comments:

Post a Comment